- Loci at chromosomes 13, 19 and 20 influence age at natural menopause - pp645 - 647
- Meta-analysis of genome-wide association data identifies two loci influencing age at menarche - pp648 - 650
- Genome-wide association studies identify loci associated with age at menarche and age at natural menopause - pp724 - 728
- Genetic variation in LIN28B is associated with the timing of puberty - pp729 - 733
- Genome-wide association study identifies sequence variants on 6q21 associated with age at menarche - pp734 - 738
09年6月号のNature Genetics: 閉経と遺伝子 ５報！
Five genome-wide association studies of the timing of menarche and menopause have now taken us beyond the range of candidate gene and linkage studies. The list of new genetic associations identified for these two traits should shed light on the mechanisms of ovarian aging, as well as breast cancer and other diseases associated with reproductive lifespan.